Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Calling

Woke up to find both Roland and Bally had become unstuck during the night. This'll make it harder to find them - generally, we want to find them when they come back immediately, but I don't think that'll be possible this time. We're going to have to wait for one of them to call us.

Which brings me to the weird thing of the day: I got a phone call from Bally. Not our Bally, but a future Bally.

I didn't know that, though, so I asked her to tell me where she was, so I could pick her up. "I'm sorry, A," she said. "It's better if you don't. I just wanted to hear your voice." Her voice sounded tinny, as if she was a long way away.

"Bally?" I said. "What's wrong?"

"Just remember," she said.

"Remember what?"

There was a pause and then the future Bally said, "Remember that it wasn't your fault."

And then she hung up.

No comments:

Post a Comment