Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hold On Tight

That's how we stay together. When we go to sleep, we hold on tight. So if one of us slips away, the other slips with us.

We figured that out the first night, when I held Bally's hand as she went to sleep and then I felt myself become unstuck. It was only the second time that had happened when I was awake -- and the previous time it was due to the Rawboned Man. This time, it was because I was holding onto Bally and she was becoming unstuck.

I closed my eyes, held her hand, and when I opened it, we were in a wide open grassland. It was still dark and it looked like there weren't any buildings around. It must have been summer, since it was warm, but we still shivered out in the open.

We held each other's hands and went back to sleep. When we woke, we were back in our time or close to it.

So that's how we stay together now. We hold on tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment