Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Duty Dance with Death

That's what some of us call him. Death, the Rawboned Man.

Over the years, we've found others like us. I don't exactly know how - perhaps it's the result of some 'fuck causality' mentality, where our future selves found them and they found us because of our future selves. It'll give you a headache if you try to think about it too much.

Anyway, we call ourselves Pilgrims. Not for religious reasons, but, well, because of Billy Pilgrim. He's fictional, sure, but we've all read the book. It's like a bible to us.

Fuck, I'm tired, too tired for explanations. I gotta get to sleep soon and...fuck, I don't know when I'll wake up after that.

So listen: Billy Pilgrim has become unstuck in time.

And so have we.

3 comments:

  1. I was right. It IS more time-travellers.

    At the very least this will provide more studying to observe.

    You all are coming out of the wood work these days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I thought we were rare. And then I began to think: how many people go missing in a year? Excluding those who die and are never found, those who are taken by the Unchanging, there are still a lot. Perhaps there are people who woke up in a trench in World War I or in the middle of an ocean or in outer space. Perhaps it's more common than you think.

      Delete